CS7646 Spring 2017
You are on the page for information specific to the Spring 2017 session of this course. Go here (Machine_Learning_for_Trading_Course) for overall course policies.
2017 Spring Schedule
Assignments & Grading
Projects (70%): There are a total of 85 points possible in this section. Your total projects grade is calculated as
min(70, sum(project grades))
Accordingly, you don't need to complete all of the projects to get a perfect projects score. However, one of the projects is extremely difficult, so we strongly recommend that you focus on the first 7 projects only and skip the last (hard) one. However, if you bomb one of the other projects, if you want to challenge yourself, or if you need to make up points you can attempt VICIOUS RABBIT 2000. Note however that this last project is extremely hard. It has so far only been attempted by senior graduate students and the Black Knight. No one has succeeded to date.
- [MC1-Project-1: Assess portfolio] 5% (easy)
- [MC1-Project-2: Optimize a portfolio] 5% (easy)
- [MC2-Project-1: Build a market simulator] 10% (moderate)
- [MC3-Project-1: Implement and assess a regression learner using decision trees and random forests] 15% (hard)
- [MC3-Project-2: Q-learning maze navigation] 10% (easy)
- [MC3-Project-3: Implement a "manual" quant strategy, then do it with decision tree classification] 15% (very hard)
- [MC3-Project-4: Q-learning trader] 10% (moderate)
- [MC3-Project-5: Q-learning VICIOUS RABBIT 2000] 15% (extremely hard)
- Midterm Study Guide
- Midterm 11%
- Final 11%
Class participation (3%)
- Class participation is determined by activity on piazza.
- A: 90% and above
- B: 80% and above
- C: 70% and above
- D: 60% and above
- F: below 60%
These are hard boundaries (we round down).